Friday 6 January 2012

Limpag: The other Palami and a �screwy PFF office�

Fair Play
Saturday, January 7, 2012
MY supposedly 24-hour trip to Manila got extended but I didn�t mind spending another 24 hours in traffic-mad Manila because I learned a lot of things.
I went to Manila not for the charity match between the Azkals and the CF Madrid (aired live today at 4 p.m.) as most expected, but to listen to a 20-minute speech Dan Palami gave in Philam Life�s sales convention.

Philam, where my wife works, got Dan as the guest speaker with a little help from me and as a thank you, they got me tickets to Manila. Which, of course, was fine by me.
Now, one of the things I learned is that Dan Palami can be literally in two places at the same time and it�s not by magic.
I met the other Dan Palami and boy has he got stories to tell, and one of these days I�m going to get an exclusive interview with the other Palami. Maybe, I�ll get him to spill some juicy bits about Philippine football. Perhaps, I can also try to convince him to get rid of this uniform provider for the team (because they suck) and get a new one?
I also learned that one Filipino player is going to sign for Barcelona (if Real Madrid doesn�t get him first), and I�m serious. We didn�t have a single drop of alcohol in our system when I, Cedelf Tupas, the original Dan Palami, and Global FC coach Graeme Mackinnon discussed this �uncapped player� who could be also playing for the US national team.
Who is this dude? Just wait. You�ll hear about him soon enough.

More Sun Star Cebu

No comments:

Post a Comment